Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Vegan Waffles

I bought a new waffle iron. And oh, was it worth every penny. I previously had a ten dollar waffle maker that I bought on a whim at Target, but while browsing through Williams-Sonoma the other day, I caved in and bought a new one. To be fair, it was on sale, and my other waffle maker turned out soggy waffles. No one likes soggy waffles.

And yes, I have an obsession with breakfast foods. It's my favorite. For realsies.







Vegan Waffles
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Mix all dry ingredients together until well blended. Then add wet ingredients and stir gently until batter is smooth. Use your favorite waffle iron's directions to cook. I added about a half cup of batter for each waffle. Mine made 7 waffles, but the yield will vary depending on the size of your waffle iron.

Live long and nom on, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment